5 Strategies to Reach Your Down Payment Goals
Are you tired of renting and ready to take the plunge into homeownership? The first step in making that dream a reality is saving up for a down payment! Although 20% is not always standard, it’s still a good idea to have some money set aside for down payment and closing costs when the time comes! 🏡
Kevin has 5 expert strategies to make sure you'll be well on your way to securing the funds you need to make your homeownership dreams come true! 🤩
- Set up automatic transfers from your checking to savings account monthly. It's even better if you keep that money in a high-yield savings account!
- Put aside additional income such as raises, tax refunds, and bonuses into your down-payment savings account.
- Skip expensive vacations for a year! Staycations can be fun too!
- Reduce non-essential expenses such as digital subscriptions, or buying coffee every day! You know some extra dollars can be saved by making coffee at home, or going without Netflix for a bit!
- Get a side hustle, like pet sitting, ride-sharing, or freelancing! Some extra income can make achieving your goals a bit easier!
Are you unsure on what type of home you can afford, and how much to save for a down payment? Kevin would be happy to help and put you in touch with a trusted lender who can talk through your options and goals on homeownership! Contact him today at 860-463-8587 or by email at [email protected]!